Ever wonder what it would be like to be the first person in history to do something? A task so great, a feat so dangerous, that no one has ever been brave enough to attempt it? In Extreme Exploration by John Malam, part of the Difficult and Dangerous series, you can read about men and women who dared to venture into uncharted land and seas:
- Ferdinand Magellan and his crew, the first men to sail around the world,
- David Livingstone, who set out to bring Christianity to Africa
- Mary Kingsley, the Victorian woman who explored Western Africa and lived with cannibals
- Ernest Shackleton, the Antarctica explorer who survived a shipwreck and extreme conditions
- Neil Armstrong, the first man to set foot on the moon
Extreme Exploration is loaded with full color drawings, quotes, and photos. It's a fun, quick read into some of history's most famous adventurers.